Monday, March 1, 2010

Meet our March Guest Designer!

Hey there everybody! It's calendar-changing day, and that means it's time to say goodbye and a big THANK YOU to Deana Boston for being our guest designer for February. Deana, it was awesome having you with us!

It also means it's time to meet our March Guest Designer!!! Please give a warm welcome to Penny D'Autremont!



Hello! I'm so thrilled to be scrapping again. I had to take a break to study for my certification. Can you imagine not scrapping for six months?! Well, at least I can say it was worth it because I passed my exam and I'm back and ready to play! Thank you very much for having me as your Guest Designer this month. The Scrapping The Music Challenge has always been one of my absolute favorites and I couldn't be more excited!

1. Name?
Penny D'Autremont (pronounced dee-aah-tra-mont)

2. What is your day job?
I'm an EH&S Coordinator and Human Resources Generalist for an EMS (emergency medical transportation - ambulance) company.

3. Do you have a spouse/children/pets?
I have been married to Eric for 10+ years; we have two girls, Isabel and Paige. We also have a crazy Golden Retriever, Fiona (Princess Fiona D-Autremont if you're into titles lol), and two birds, Max & Sid. We aren't sure if the birds are boys or girls (God help me if there is one of each) but we figured if they are girls then they could be Maxine and Sidney... Oh yeah, and we are keeping a lost kitty and attempting to find it a home. Anyone interested?

4. Do you have a blog that you regularly post on? I'd love to have a blog like others but oddly enough, I'm not very chatty... I love to read and look at other people's pages though! Feel free to take a look: Small Change

5. How long have you been scrapbooking?
I started about nine years ago putting pics and stickers in those awful sticky photo albums. Then about four years ago I finally got an itch to do something crafty and do it right. I have since taken apart three of those boring albums and scrapped them properly... Well, that is to say, they will last longer anyway...

6. Where do you find your inspiration for layouts?
Emotions. I love layouts that just reach out for you to really look at everything. The one with just the right colors, just the right title, and it just takes your heart. I especially love humor on my pages! I think my next project is to create an album with a lock on it for my beyond PG13 layouts.

7. What is your "must-have" item on a layout (other than the necessities?)
A photo. I've created a couple of layouts without them and it's just not the same.

8. What would you say your scrapping style is? What is your favorite technique?
That's a tough one... Let's just say non-traditional. I really enjoy scrapping all different styles and I really enjoy scrapping something that's rarely used or never used before. As far as techniques... I get a huge kick out of taking something apart and putting it back together in a different format. For example, I have taken apart flowers and made a border with them, or cut up tape and reused it differently.

Penny, we are so glad to have you with us for the month of March!