Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Flying Without Wings Winner and Challenge #155 This is Home...

All of the layouts for this week were beautiful, and we want to thank all of our participants this week! The design team has voted and we have a winner...........

Congratulations to Bina who created this beautiful layout!...
Bina, your layout will now hang in the STM Hall of Fame, AND you win the awesome Noel Mignon.com gift certificate which was donated by our design team member Julie! Bina - please send your contact info to michellelapoint@yahoo.com and we will get your prize to you right away! Thanks again to Julie for being our sponsor this past week!

It's time to say goodbye and a big thank you to Jessica Wilson for being our guest designer in September. Jessica it was wonderful having you with us, and so inspiring to see your beautiful designs each week! Thank you so much for being our September guest designer!

We would like to welcome our October guest designer...

SHARON FRITCHMAN
Hi everyone! My name is Sharon. I am a registered nurse by day and an avid scrapbooker by night. I have 2 beautiful daughters, Katie, who is 16 (and driving - yikes), and Anne, who is 7. My fantastic hubby and I have been married for 20 years . . . when did that happen? I have always loved art and even got A’s in art class in high school. Yes, I was one of those nerds!! Ha-Ha! I became interested in scrapping after my husband and I adopted our second daughter from China. Once I learned about lifebooks, my creative side opened up for the first time in a long time. Slowly but surely, I started making more and more pages, and now I am totally addicted to anything and everything that has to do with paper crafting. You should see my home - there are so many albums and projects here. Believe it or not, I do not have a blog, but you can see my work at scrapbook.com under my username, "Fritchey." I really want to thank Michelle for asking me to be a guest designer this month. I can’t wait to get started . . .


WELCOME TO YOU SHARON! WE ARE SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US THIS MONTH!!!


and now...
On to this week's challenge!!!

It's the first week of the month again which means it's movie song week! This time we are paying tribute to "The Chronicles of Narnia" by featuring the song "This is Home," by Switchfoot!!! We want to thank DT member Jeanet for suggesting this awesome song! We had a great time scrapping with it, and we hope you find it inspirational too! Click on the widget in the sidebar to read the lyrics!

Note: You will have TWO WEEKS to complete this challenge, as I (Michelle) am going to be gone next week and unable to post. So, instead of being due this coming Tuesday at midnite, it won't be due until the following Tuesday (10/19) at midnite.

We are still working on a prize for this week. We will be back and post it here when it is finalized.

and now, on to the design team layouts for "This is Home..."


Guest designer Sharon...


Yvonne...


Jeanet...


Patricia...


Julie...


Jennifer...


Frauke...


Kristii...

Now it's YOUR TURN! What inspires you about this week's song? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or any other creative project!!!

To be eligible for this week's prize, remember to link us up to your layout in the comments section of this post, or email your layout to michellelapoint@yahoo.com by the midnight central time Tuesday, October 19th. That's in two weeks this time only. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!