Saturday, September 15, 2012

Challenge #206


Hi Everyone ! It's Frauke ! I'm very excited to host our Scrapping The Music challenges #206A & B. I hope you'll like the song and prompt I chose and play along.

Challenge #206A
I chose the song "Rain Red Roses," by Rene Caron. The original version is by the German actress, singer and writer Hildegard Knef (born Dec.28th,1925 - died Feb.1st,2002). The song was first published in 1968 and in 1992 she re-recorded it with the German band "Extrabreit". So both versions are German we chose the English version by Rene Caron.


Please enjoy the video:




Here are our talented design team creations:



I took the German lyrics for my journaling with a photo of me being 16.

Her


Michelle


Jessica


 It almost seemed like it was raining red roses this morning when I went out to take photos of the rose bush my mom gave us when we moved into our home we have now!


Challenge #206B, prompt:
Do you remember what kind of music your mother/ your parents liked ?
Did you share her/their taste ?


Design Team:


Michelle
 Journaling reads:  Growing up in the 70's, Glen Campbell was a staple in our house.  We watched his show every week.  If his songs were not playing on the record player, then my Dad was most likely singing one of them.  I still remember all the words to "Witchita Lineman" and "By the Time I get to Phoenix."  :0)





I went to the fleamarket to buy an old record of my mothers favorite singer and used it as the background. The journaling says : When I was a little girl we only owned a few records. My mother liked Peter Alexander most of all - I liked him as an actor more than his songs, because he always played in comedies and had a lot of "viennese charme".

As soon as I hear any Big Band music, I think of my parents, and I also think about growing up in a musical family and playing in the band myself.  The legends were my idols, and I wanted to play like them.

 Andy Williams was a name we heard often in our household when I was growing up!  I remember watching him on our old black and white TV set!  And I still love hearing his songs today, especially "Moon River," Born Free," and "Happy Heart,"and his Christmas albums, too.


Now it's your turn.  Show us how the song, lyrics, or video for "Rain Red Roses" inspire you.  You can create a layout, art journal page, even a card.  Whatever you like to create.  Or does the prompt inspire you to create something?  Choose either or both.  Link us up to your creations by midnight on September 27th.

Can't wait to see what you create!