Friday, December 31, 2010

Welcome to our Three New Design Team Members...

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! I'm so excited today to introduce you to our new design team members - Sharon, Bina and Linda! All three are members of the Scrapping The Music Hall of Fame, and have been dedicated participants in our past challenges! We are thrilled to have these talented women joining our team full time! Please welcome:


SHARON FRITCHMAN
Hi everyone! My name is Sharon. I am a registered nurse by day and an avid scrapbooker by night. I have 2 beautiful daughters, Katie, who is 16 (and driving - yikes), and Anne, who is 7. My fantastic hubby and I have been married for 20 years . . . when did that happen? I have always loved art and even got A’s in art class in high school. Yes, I was one of those nerds!! Ha-Ha! I became interested in scrapping after my husband and I adopted our second daughter from China. Once I learned about lifebooks, my creative side opened up for the first time in a long time. Slowly but surely, I started making more and more pages, and now I am totally addicted to anything and everything that has to do with paper crafting. You should see my home - there are so many albums and projects here. Believe it or not, I do not have a blog, but you can see my work at scrapbook.com under my username, "Fritchey." I really want to thank Michelle for asking me to be on the team. I can’t wait to get started . . .


BINA KEWELOH
Well I´m over 40, I´m a mother of four awesome boys. In my real life I´m a doctor and manage a pratice now for three doctors. My scrapping life started three years ago with a card. I´m totally addicted since then. I´m also a member of a kit design team in Germany. We live in the southern part of Germany. I´m really looking forward to joining the team.



LINDA PHINNEY (AKA PHIN)
Hi! (clears throat self-consciously…) My friends call me phin. I'm also known by my (not so) secret superhero monikker, DeathGrrlRunningGoddess!

If we met on the street, I’d probably start talking your ear off immediately! (blah, blah, blah! LOL!) I’ll tease you, A LOT, if we’re buddies. I’m very direct, but I won’t say anything if I don’t think it’ll make an improvement or a difference… Well, unless you ask and then…(See blah, blah, blah above!) I have a lot of energy and have a hard time sitting still. I get distracted easily… SQUIRREL!!! hee!!! I’m a crazy perfectionist and get on my own case way too often.

I love: Laughing, sunshine, Starbucks soy chai lattes, words, physical effort (and sweat!), running, spin class, eating, music and movement, artistic process, the family of my heart (my friends), reading, stalking blogs, browsing the internet, black nail polish, taking pictures, off-color humor (heh!), my car ZooMZooM (aka Pieter), and my pet Betta, Mike (named after Mike Ness of Social Distortion!)

I’ve been playing with paint, glue, and paper, making messes for as long as I can remember… My first ‘scrapbook’ as we currently know it, was completed in 1994 when there really wasn’t much in the way of scraping fun and you could only find ugly background paper and flat stickers, hahaha! Now I’m more into collage/mixed media, creating my own supplies & embellishments, and upcycling products I'd recycle, like catalogs and cardboard. I really like grunge, gesso, texture and layering. I also enjoy making and trading ATCs, ‘cause of the small space to work in and the quickness of completion.

I'm very happy to be invited to be on the team and SO happy to meet YOU!

We will be back tomorrow with our first challenge of 2011. See you then!!!