Monday, March 5, 2012

New Challenge #193 "What I Am..."

Thanks so much to everyone who provided feedback for us! We appreciate your opinions so much, and are always working to make this site the best it can be. There may be changes coming in the near future, so watch for those!

And now--- It's a new month, and we've got a new challenge for you!

It's a fun song that we hope you will agree is great for scrapping with!

The song is "What I Am" and it was created by Will.I.Am for Sesame Street! Check out the video below...


A new month also means a new prize!!! This month's sponsor is our own design team member Patricia Roebuck! Check out what Patricia has to say about this month's awesome prize...

The March prize is a Simple Stories Year-o-graphy 12x12 Collection. It includes 6 12x12 double-sided designer cardstock; 30 double-sided cut-apart element pieces in sizes 4x6, 6x8, 4x4, 2x12, 4x12 and 6x12; One 12x12 sheet of fundamentals cardstock stickers; one 12x12 sheet of expressions cardstock stickers; 6 4x6 transparency photo overlays exclusive to collection kit.

Here's a photo...
How awesome is that??? Thanks so much to Patricia for this beautiful prize!!! To be entered in the drawing for this prize, all you have to do is enter one of our challenges this month. The more you play along, the more chances you have to win!

We will be back soon with the winner of the February prize; but in the meantime, check out the design team layouts for "What I Am..."


Michelle
There are so many good lines in this song, it was hard to choose what I wanted to do! In the end, I decided I wanted to do a playful page that expresses who I am, and my art journal seemed like the best place to capture that! I played around with my favorite colors and patterns, and used gesso to include my own handprints. This was a lot of fun!


I love this song . . . when I listened to the lyrics, it was difficult for me to chose the one I liked best! But I thought of the piano recital that Anne was just in - I was asked to play a duet with her and I was absolutely THRILLED to do so! We played "You'll be in my heart," one of my favorite songs. We both felt musical that day!




I read the lyrics as I normally do and the words "the best ME that I can be" are the ones I like the best. I took pictures of little me, which I edited with Photoshop and printed for another project I didn't realize yet.



Patricia
My daughter and I were watching Sesame Street when this song first came out. I had found it on YouTube, and we watched and listened over and over again. One of our favorite songs.




That is what I really wish for my son.



Amy
The lyrics to this song are so amazing. I'm sure I'll use them again for another project. :) I originally started this as a paper & scissors project, and then went digital, because I decided the lyrics were so cool, I wanted to print this on a canvas for my sweetheart's room.

Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about this song? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time this Sunday, March 11th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!