Monday, January 2, 2012

Challenge #184 "Piece of My Heart"

Hey there everyone - Happy 2012!!! We've got a great challenge to kick off the new year for you - It's a classic rocker - "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin!

Thank you to DT Member Frauke for picking this song. We hope you find it as inspiring as we did! Click on the video to listen and watch...




Our challenge to you is to create a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you like that is inspired by this song! You can read the lyrics by clicking on the lyrics tab at the top of the page.

Our January sponsor is DT member Michelle (that's me!). Each time you participate in one of our January challenges, your name will go in the drawing for this journal from Papaya Arts...

The journal is 7"x9", with 160 unlined pages. The cover is beautifully inlaid with gold foil accents.

The more times you participate, the more entries you get!

We will also be voting each week to choose which layout will go into our Scrapping The Music Hall of Fame!


We hope you enjoy the inspiration pieces that the design team has created for "Piece of My Heart!"


I've been thinking alot about STM lately, and how much it means to me. It seemed like the perfect time to say so in a layout!





Though I love music and art, reading and traveling, a very small village in Ontario, autumn and polar bears and so much more, the important thing in my life is my family ! That's why I made this layout.



Sharon


When I hear this song, the lyric "I'm singing once again" stands out! I wanted to scrap how my family makes me sing each time I look at them!






This kid (one of my girlfriend's grandkids) is the sweetest! Every time I get to visit with him, he keeps part of my heart!






Jennifer


Throughout 2011, my husband and I went through so much together. It is amazing how he and I have become closer through each of the trials, and how we've given each other bigger and bigger pieces of our hearts. He's my rock, my best friend.

Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about this song? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time this Sunday, January 8th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!