Monday, February 6, 2012

"I'm Alive" and January RAK Winners, and Challenge #189 " Hey Soul Sister..."

The design team has voted, and we have a winner!

Congratulations goes to Suzie who created this beautiful art journal page...
Suzie, your page will now hang in the Scrapping The Music Hall of Fame!


We also have a winner for the January participation prize! Each time you submitted an entry for one of our January challenges, your name was put in the hat for this beautiful journal from Papaya Art...


supplied by January's sponsor Michelle Rydell (that's me)

Tonight we did our random drawing! The winner of the Papaya Art Journal is....

Jolanda!

Jolanda, please email me at michellelapoint@yahoo.com and I will get your journal right out to you! Thanks so much to everyone who participated in our January challenges - we appreciate each and every one of you!

And now....
ON TO OUR NEW MONTH OF CHALLENGES - FEBRUARY!!!

First, I would like to thank our sponsor for February - Design Team Member Linda Phinney (aka Phinner). She has provided the following awesome prize!!!

Here's what Linda has to say about her prize:
We would love to have you play along with us in February at Scrapping the Music!

Everyone who participates in the challenges in the month of February will be included in the drawing for this sweet little girl, - a 2.5X3.5 inch ACEO reproduction on a block from the Danita Art etsy shop. You'll also receive some other fun scrappy goodness!
We can't wait to see how you interpret the upcoming lyrics!



Are you ready for our first February challenge???

Oh my goodness we have a catchy little number for you this week! It's "Hey Soul Sister" by Train! Check out the video below...


This is one of those songs that it's hard to stop singing! Check out the lyrics by clicking on the tab at the top of the blog. We hope you are as inspired as we were!



Here are the design team's layouts for "Hey Soul Sister..."



Linda
She's my Soul Sister! Really for true!!! : .)



Patricia
Whether it's something good, bad, or just in between...I fill up Linda's Inbox...probably daily...thanks, my friend, Linda!





The subject of my layout is the sisterhood of my mother and aunt, my sister and me and my daughters and how different they are. Not quite sure that we are all soulsisters *smile*




Michelle
My favorite lyric in the song is "Ain't that Mister Mister on the radio?" It's just so random and quirky! This photo of my sweet hubby Michael and his dad Stan seemed the perfect match for the lyric. There they are - Mister Rydell and Mister Rydell. So alike inside and out!


Sharon


What a great song! Taking my cue from Linda and Patricia, I really wanted to let my Scrapping the Music "soul sisters" know how much they mean to me! Thank you all!!!!



Bina
My best scrappy friend, I loved the idea to scrap this theme...



Jennifer
"Watching You"- check out my blog for more close up pictures!
Thanks for playing along with us!

Now it's Your Turn!
What inspires you about this song? Show us in a scrapbook layout, art journal page, or anything else you are inspired to create!

To be eligible to win this challenge and have your creation hang in the STM Hall of Fame, remember to link us up to your layout using Mr. Linky below by midnight central time this Sunday, February 12th. The clock in the right sidebar shows central time to help you if you need to convert time zones.

We can't wait to see what you create!